Linus Tech Tips Notifier for Firefox (EOL)

Very nice. Right now when LTT is for me my TOP1 website I will really need this. Great job, BETA testing right now :)

Finally installed it and liking it so far. Is there anyway of bring the notification icon up to the area where the downloads and bookmarks are located instead of having the addon bar at the bottom?

You can drag it while customizing toolbars. @colonel_mortis, scaling ain't that bad for me but I'll have to wait to get some notifications. I'll also check with my older firefox if it works with that one (Linux Mint compatible very old version).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You can drag it while customizing toolbars. @colonel_mortis, scaling ain't that bad for me but I'll have to wait to get some notifications. I'll also check with my older firefox if it works with that one (Linux Mint compatible very old version).

oh wow...how did I not figure that out before? Thank you.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

oh wow...how did I not figure that out before? Thank you.

Unfortunately, AFAIK when you restart the browser it will reset back to its original location (or at least when you update), but tell me if it doesn't.

HTTP/2 203

Is anyone getting notifications that either you're not connected to the internet or LTT is down? Was working earlier.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Is anyone getting notifications that either you're not connected to the internet or LTT is down? Was working earlier.

I'm not, and you shouldn't be. That happens when ltt doesn't load in the sandbox, or doesn't look like it should. If you go onto this page immediately, it works, right? what if you right click on the notifications at the top and click open link in current (or new) tab?

Also, has the icon changed to the ! or is it still normal?

HTTP/2 203

I'm not, and you shouldn't be. That happens when ltt doesn't load in the sandbox, or doesn't look like it should. If you go onto this page immediately, it works, right? what if you right click on the notifications at the top and click open link in current (or new) tab?

Also, has the icon changed to the ! or is it still normal?

EDIT: so apparently my Firefox just need a hard reset. I have no idea why but now it seems like it's working for me again. Also after moving the notifier from the addon bar to the top, it stays there.

Here is what it looks like.

3A2nWdR.jpg

It says

"You're not connected to the internet or linustecthips.com is down right now. Click here to visit the site."

Yeah, that's not supposed to happen. Is anyone else having this issue? I presume you're using the latest release version of firefox (26). I haven't experienced that issue personally (both on the test/dev machine running the latest release version on ubuntu and on my windows machine running FF28.

HTTP/2 203

No reset with placement after restarting browser. After update maybe but I need new version to see that. It has some kind of bug where it doesn't update notifications after computer has woke from sleep. It showed I had 1 notif and when I refreshed LTT I had 4 of them. Also I feel that white number in red bg would be bit easier to read.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yeah, that's not supposed to happen. Is anyone else having this issue? I presume you're using the latest release version of firefox (26). I haven't experienced that issue personally (both on the test/dev machine running the latest release version on ubuntu and on my windows machine running FF28.

I haven't had any issues like this myself at all.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

No reset with placement after restarting browser. After update maybe but I need new version to see that. It has some kind of bug where it doesn't update notifications after computer has woke from sleep. It showed I had 1 notif and when I refreshed LTT I had 4 of them. Also I feel that white number in red bg would be bit easier to read.

K, that's great! There isn't much I can do about the waking from sleep thing, but it should automatically update within up to a minute because it should check every minute. If it doesn't work (it does on my machine I think), I'm going to need to rethink the whole way I do the looping. As with the colour comments, I swear it is white on red... lOhbD06.png What OS and ff version are you running?

HTTP/2 203

K, that's great! There isn't much I can do about the waking from sleep thing, but it should automatically update within up to a minute because it should check every minute. If it doesn't work (it does on my machine I think), I'm going to need to rethink the whole way I do the looping. As with the colour comments, I swear it is white on red... lOhbD06.png What OS and ff version are you running?

Now on Linux Mint 16 Cinamon with FF26. I think its same on my main machine with Win7 and FF26 but I'll see that tomorrow. I have black text on red bg and text isn't even bold.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Now on Linux Mint 16 Cinamon with FF26. I think its same on my main machine with Win7 and FF26 but I'll see that tomorrow. I have black text on red bg and text isn't even bold.

Does it look more like MSGLf0n.png? because I think that's a linux issue. I'll try to force it to be white though.

EDIT: Fixing in next release

HTTP/2 203

Does it look more like MSGLf0n.png? because I think that's a linux issue. I'll try to force it to be white though.

EDIT: Fixing in next release

Yup, that's it. I had earlier some coloring bug where T was purple and I thought it was indicating live Twitch stream. I'll report if that happens again.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yup, that's it. I had earlier some coloring bug where T was purple and I thought it was indicating live Twitch stream. I'll report if that happens again.

It will go puple to indicate a twitch stream in the next release, but it shouldn't in this version. That sounds a bit odd. And I have made sure that it's white and bold in the next version.

HTTP/2 203

Is anyone else getting notifications for a live stream right now? I've been getting a couple notifactions every couple minutes for a little while now, and I've checked both the LTT's twitch channel and Slick's channel, and neither are streaming right now... Not sure if it's just me or not. (1:08 PM EST) 1/26/14

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Is anyone else getting notifications for a live stream right now? I've been getting a couple notifactions every couple minutes for a little while now, and I've checked both the LTT's twitch channel and Slick's channel, and neither are streaming right now... Not sure if it's just me or not. (1:08 PM EST) 1/26/14

Yeah, the twitch API is having issues and the addon was developed without me being aware of what this would mean for the API. I think I have resolved it on my development version, and will push it out in the next update, which will also change a few things behind the scenes as well as adding some new features if I get them done in time. No ETA get, but it will be before next weekend. If twitch continues to have issues, I will push it out earlier, but I would rather it worked properly and didn't start generating errors behind the scenes.

HTTP/2 203

Yeah, the twitch API is having issues and the addon was developed without me being aware of what this would mean for the API. I think I have resolved it on my development version, and will push it out in the next update, which will also change a few things behind the scenes as well as adding some new features if I get them done in time. No ETA get, but it will be before next weekend. If twitch continues to have issues, I will push it out earlier, but I would rather it worked properly and didn't start generating errors behind the scenes.

Alright cool, I figured it might be a known issue, but I just wanted to make sure it was known and see if it wasn't just me. (Also don't want to add too much to what you're already doing, but having an option to select what gives notifications, and possibly assigning different tones to the different notification types would be a cool addition.) Good luck with development and I'm looking forward to future updates!

Alright cool, I figured it might be a known issue, but I just wanted to make sure it was known and see if it wasn't just me. (Also don't want to add too much to what you're already doing, but having an option to select what gives notifications, and possibly assigning different tones to the different notification types would be a cool addition.) Good luck with development and I'm looking forward to future updates!

I have made the back end settings for enabling or disabling notifications available in the next release, and that's a good idea about having different alert tones for the different types of messages. Would you like to see the option just for Twitch/Notifications or should I also add the option for another more different sound for messages? This probably won't be ready in the next release, 0.2.0b, but I will add it in at some point.

HTTP/2 203

I have made the back end settings for enabling or disabling notifications available in the next release, and that's a good idea about having different alert tones for the different types of messages. Would you like to see the option just for Twitch/Notifications or should I also add the option for another more different sound for messages? This probably won't be ready in the next release, 0.2.0b, but I will add it in at some point.

The Twitch vs. regular forum Notifications is the biggy, but possibly having PM's vs. regular notifications having tones would be a nice feature. (Plus I just like being able to customize everything as much as possible.) You could even go as far as having options to have different types of notifications such as updates to topics you fallow, quotes, or likes as different ones too. (That could be too much though I dunno. By default I would probably make those the same and just let users change the tones on those though. )

The Twitch vs. regular forum Notifications is the biggy, but possibly having PM's vs. regular notifications having tones would be a nice feature. (Plus I just like being able to customize everything as much as possible.) You could even go as far as having options to have different types of notifications such as updates to topics you fallow, quotes, or likes as different ones too. (That could be too much though I dunno. By default I would probably make those the same and just let users change the tones on those though. )

The first (twitch vs notifications) I can do no problem, the second (notifications vs PM) should be all right, but because currently it gives one notification with PMs and notifications, you would probably have to pick which is the priority when you have both. The third idea is possible, but probably a bit further off than the others because the notifications aren's currently parsed (read). I do intend in future to parse the notifications though, so when that is added I'll see what I can do.

HTTP/2 203

@colonel_mortis

Thanks. I knew it was a matter of time before we got it. I can't bring myself to use Chrome. I'm on the Firefox BETA, it has my notification bar at the bottom right and it's so slim I almost didn't see it. I love the fact that I don't have to refresh my page every 5 or so minutes to check for any replies.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

@colonel_mortis

Thanks. I knew it was a matter of time before we got it. I can't bring myself to use Chrome. I'm on the Firefox BETA, it has my notification bar at the bottom right and it's so slim I almost didn't see it. I love the fact that I don't have to refresh my page every 5 or so minutes to check for any replies.

As an added bonus, it will (in an upcoming version, not necessarily the next one), also check youtube (only for LTT at the moment) so if you want to stay up to date with linus' videos on youtube, you don't have to keep refreshing that page either :D

HTTP/2 203