Black Dragoon v2

Coombzy

TUB0sWy.png

(Logo by @Rumikarimu)

So I finally got my components through, and debated on doing a build log for a while and I thought why not. Do not expect anything amazing cable management wise when its done as its my first try with cables my dad helped mostly on my last PC but without further adieu here is the list of components and a few pictures!

Specs:

i7 4770K

H80i (push/pull)

MSI z87 GD-65 Gaming

Vengeance Pro (red)16GB 1866MHz

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

500GB x2 seagate barracuda (taken from current PC)

2TB WD Green (taken from current PC)

Gigabyte GTX 780 ti (reference)

Novatech Black Edition 750w (rebranded Seasonic or OCZ)

CM Storm Enforcer USB3.0 (case from current PC)

Operating system: Windows 8.1 Pro

a few pictures of the parts (excuse the quality)

1525691_740130075999562_1213060616_n.jpg

Processor and RAM:

994429_737727226239847_2069625471_n.jpg

H80i

1525438_737184219627481_1514544762_n.jpg

Teh Evil Teddy Bear, UmadBro?, Cyclone, 

Diamond 5 in League :)

Teh Evil Teddy Bear, UmadBro?, Cyclone, 

Cyclone seems like an option that would be cool I will keep it in mind 

Nice, post more pictures

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Nice, post more pictures

I will once I have built it this friday 

Well I got it finished excuse the picture quality I will most likely be taking some more with my camera and also excuse the cable management I tried my best but some cables would not stretch etc I personally think it looks much better than my H67 i7 2600K rig :3 

Readying Case

1661878_743156399030263_975338366_n.jpg

Making sure the stand offs and everything fit (This one got a little shaky)

1512481_743156359030267_1885532568_n.jpg

Fitting the CPU

1601313_743156219030281_1320575073_n.jpg

Everything fitted (now cable management)

71456_743156159030287_241722466_n.jpg

And a final shot (will take much better pictures when I get the time I was having SATA issues using the Asmedia ones instead of intel for the DVD drive :3)

1601334_743623728983530_518186108_n.jpg

Nice :D I now regret getting a Define R4 for my pc even though i went to microcenter and saw the cm storm enforcer :P.

Life.exe is missing

Nice little powerhouse there buddy, looks good. Great combination of products aswell, very sexy. What made you choose the parts, also will it be just for gaming?

Look forward to more pictures man. Well done on a great build. A+++

Its my gaming and rendering machine I do quite a lot of Photoshop and video work as for the parts I chose them because they looked good together except the GPU that was because I really loved the look of the reference design

And just for the lolz here is what I came from an i7 2600K and a foxconn H67 MATX... (bought on the cheap surprisingly worked fine :3)

1471146_720926234586613_80261024_n.jpg

Well awesome, it'll serve those purposes rather well. I wonder if you could mod the green " GEFORCE GTX" logo to display in red instead. Would look mad :)

I would love to do that but for now I just have the logo at really low brightness I tried to get the RGB on the H80i to match but it becomes dark green :3 

Turn off that LED from Audio boost, or mod it, i think it's just a pink piece of plastic over a white LED, if am not mistaken. I haven't had time to mod mine yet, so i can't really give any 100% correct info.

The 780 Ti would definitley look better with a black poweder coat and a red LED.

I'd love to see how a H80i in push/pull looks like over that motherboard, from various perspectives. Can't wait for more pics.

Also please tell me if you find a way to turn off that blue LED in the right side of the mobo, or maybe turn it red! :D

subbed

who cares...

Turn off that LED from Audio boost, or mod it, i think it's just a pink piece of plastic over a white LED, if am not mistaken. I haven't had time to mod mine yet, so i can't really give any 100% correct info.

The 780 Ti would definitley look better with a black poweder coat and a red LED.

I'd love to see how a H80i in push/pull looks like over that motherboard, from various perspectives. Can't wait for more pics.

Also please tell me if you find a way to turn off that blue LED in the right side of the mobo, or maybe turn it red! :D

subbed

Yeah I wondered why they did not make it the same as the red on the board, edit:the blue can't be turned off :( its very annoying though as for the 780 ti I usually turn the LED off or have it very low 

You sir are a enthusiast !! :D I salute your and your build

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

You sir are a enthusiast !! :D I salute your and your build

Thank you :D 

Thank you :D

BTW you're that person I gave my crysis 3 no...metro last light how it playing on your new PC?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

BTW you're that person I gave my crysis 3 no...metro last light how it playing on your new PC?

It plays amazingly not had a chance to complete the game yet need to do that at some point but from what I have played so far it looks incredible nearly maxing it out turned down AA a little for better FPS of course 

Good job I gave you it to enjoy and don't forget to fill up your steam library to play even better games and stuff :D

Yeah I wondered why they did not make it the same as the red on the board, edit:the blue can't be turned off :( its very annoying though as for the 780 ti I usually turn the LED off or have it very low 

If you flip the BIOS switch on your Mobo to B_BIOS, the LED that lights up, will be green, which is far less distracting. (same green as the error LEDs at the bottom)

I'll screw off my Audio Boost plate to see what's behind that. will update. :D

Edit: if you have really good soldering skills, you could solder a red LED instead of the blue one. 

http://www.amazon.de/SMD-LED-0603-WTN-0603-120r-rote/dp/B002OD1MNU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390812961&sr=8-1&keywords=smd+led+rot

sorry for the german link.

Edit 2: I'll consider soldering a red LED, lol. I can't unscrew the audio boost plate because i don't have a small enough screwdriver, maybe you could look inside? :D

who cares...

If you flip the BIOS switch on your Mobo to B_BIOS, the LED that lights up, will be green, which is far less distracting. (same green as the error LEDs at the bottom)

I'll screw off my Audio Boost plate to see what's behind that. will update. :D

Edit: if you have really good soldering skills, you could solder a red LED instead of the blue one. 

http://www.amazon.de/SMD-LED-0603-WTN-0603-120r-rote/dp/B002OD1MNU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390812961&sr=8-1&keywords=smd+led+rot

sorry for the german link.

Edit 2: I'll consider soldering a red LED, lol. I can't unscrew the audio boost plate because i don't have a small enough screwdriver, maybe you could look inside? :D

I managed to turn off the audio boost light through the BIOS its far less distracting now that blue light is still annoying why on earth would they include it...

I managed to turn off the audio boost light through the BIOS its far less distracting now that blue light is still annoying why on earth would they include it...

So true! Red is probably too intimidating, so people would assume that something is wrong with their system because it lights up red! :D The green LED is way better than the blue one, but still distracting. :D

who cares...

Set up in the correct place (used to be facing to the front) (old picture to) at some point I will get my proper camera out and take some 

1003211_745173112161925_583388442_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to taking some inside shots as I said before the cable management is far from good I did not have much to work with and it looks fine from the window

IMG_0583_zpsf6023ed0.jpg

IMG_0585_zpsfede958d.jpg

IMG_0587_zpsbb8718cc.jpg

Like the pics! Check out my little mod about the pink audio boost logo, i think it's worth it.

who cares...

Like the pics! Check out my little mod about the pink audio boost logo, i think it's worth it.

Turned it off completely just that annoying blue light to deal with now I think I may end up just getting some tape or something.