PC not booting from DVD

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey guys! So finally I have access to my BIOS! That's really cool. I just decided to open up my case, and remove the CMOS battery and then place it back and restart it. But, I couldn't remove it. It was held very tight. So, I decided to change the Password Jumper and also did so. Then restarted, But my computer won't boot. Thought it might be a problem of the Jumper. So, got it back in it's original place. Then restarted and it booted. Then I went into BIOS to boot from my Ubuntu Disk. So, I went into Boot sequence. There were 3 options:

1st Boot device: HDD(Had Windows Xp on it)

2nd Boot device:CD/DVD(Had Ubuntu 13.10 on it)

Boot from other device: Yes

So, I changed it to 

1st Boot device:CD/DVD

2nd Boot device : HDD

Boot from other device:Yes

And, exited it. But still, It booted from my HDD! I thought it might be my mistake, so I did it again, but still, it booted from my HDD. It happened even the third time I tried! So, I became angry, I went into BIOS again, and then, changed the sequence to:

1st Boot device:CD/DVD

2nd Boot device:No

Boot from other device: Yes

And, then I exited the BIOS to boot. But still, I have the same problem! It boot's from the HDD!

Why is this happening? Any methods to solve it?  I'm checking Google at the same time....

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Try physically removing the Data and power cables from your hard drive and just booting from the CD -
Or

Are you sure you are saving the settings through the BIOS? Maybe a silly question but some people just exit without saving.

CPU i5 6600K | Mobo Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 | Cooling H80i | MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB in SLi | Geil Super Luce 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Intel 330 120GB | 2 x 1TB WD Black | Corsair Air 540 | XFX ProSeries 1250W. | Corsair K70 Anodised Black Cherry Reds | Logitech G502 | Dell U2713HM | Red LED Lighting.

Portable Gamer - Metabox Alpha W370SS - CPU i7 4710MQ | RAM 8GB 1600MHz | Nvidia GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | 17.3" Matte Display 72% Gamut
Back-up - HP Pavilion dv6 - Ancient Stuff - P7550 @ 2.26gHz  | DDR2 4GB | Kingston HyperX 120Gb SSD | ATi 4550m (fried)

Try physically removing the Data and power cables from your hard drive and just booting from the CD -

Or

Are you sure you are saving the settings through the BIOS? Maybe a silly question but some people just exit without saving.

I saved the settings.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I have had similar problems with ubuntu machines coming from an xp HDD. Have you tried booting from say a usb disk like mounting ubuntu from the disk to a usb, if that is not an option try erasing the data on the HDD with another pc maybe use it as a slave drive and re partition it?

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

I have had similar problems with ubuntu machines coming from an xp HDD. Have you tried booting from say a usb disk like mounting ubuntu from a disk if that is not an option try erasing the data on the HDD with another pc maybe use it as a slave drive and re partition it?

I don't think my PC supports USB booting if you're meaning that..

COMING SOON

Please help me! I gotta boot from Ubuntu!!

COMING SOON

Did you try the physical unplugging?

CPU i5 6600K | Mobo Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 | Cooling H80i | MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB in SLi | Geil Super Luce 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Intel 330 120GB | 2 x 1TB WD Black | Corsair Air 540 | XFX ProSeries 1250W. | Corsair K70 Anodised Black Cherry Reds | Logitech G502 | Dell U2713HM | Red LED Lighting.

Portable Gamer - Metabox Alpha W370SS - CPU i7 4710MQ | RAM 8GB 1600MHz | Nvidia GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | 17.3" Matte Display 72% Gamut
Back-up - HP Pavilion dv6 - Ancient Stuff - P7550 @ 2.26gHz  | DDR2 4GB | Kingston HyperX 120Gb SSD | ATi 4550m (fried)

Did you try the physical unplugging?

No. 

COMING SOON

I had this too, just set CD/DVD as first boot device and disable all others until you're done with your DVD.

That should work!

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

I had this too, just set CD/DVD as first boot device and disable all others until you're done with your DVD.

That should work!

already tried it! It gives me this error: Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key_" (Without quotation marks)

COMING SOON