Nvidia gtx 770 is it worth it?

RussianRaider

I am looking to upgrade my boyfriends graphics card that is 3 years old (Raedon HD6870).  Was shopping at Best Buy for something else and found a GTX 770 for $330.  He is not a huge gamer although he has Crysis (all) and ARMA (and looking to get ARMA 3).  He is now into photo and video editing with Adobe Master Collection.  I noticed that when he renders movies, it can take over an hour.  He has told me that his Adobe Master Collection could work better with CUDA cores than what he currently has.

I am not looking to spend a ton of money.  I am just looking for something for him to enjoy his current games and his Adobe work. 

He has a 27" IPS monitor (main) and a 22" LED monitor.  I have read that when it comes to Nvidia that they like to have matching monitors.  Is this true? 

Am I on the right path?  Any help is appreciated.  If possible, I would like to surprise him today.

Thank you!

Christie

yes, it's a nice card. what manufacturer?(asus, gigabyte, evga)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Yes, and I would recommend going for the ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII OC version. Not the reference.

Lucky guy. Anyway back on topic. Yes that is a good value.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Here is what is on the Best Buy site.  NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card.  No box showing.  So not sure who the manufacturer is.

Model:  900120052500000

SKU: 1826004

Here is what is on the Best Buy site.  NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card.  No box showing.  So not sure who the manufacturer is.

Model:  900120052500000

SKU: 1826004

This SKU Number points to the reference GTX 770 with the Original Cooler by Nvidia. It's not the best GTX770 Model thoguh but for this pricetag it seems as it is a fair deal.

I'd go for it espacially if you want to do your Boyfriend a favor :) Can't go wrong here

Sources :

- https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/643382/gtx-770-original-look-/

- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-geforce-gtx-770-2gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card/1826004.p?id=1219065626957&skuId=1826004

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Yes, GTX 770 is quite powerful card

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Does anyone know about the multiple monitor set up? 

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

will be heading out in an hour

Does anyone know about the multiple monitor set up? 

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

will be heading out in an hour

It supports up to 4 monitors.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

It's okay but you're better off waiting for new Nvidia cards releasing in a couple months. I'd personally get the R9 290 but I don't know if that's too much for you!

I got the stock GTX 770 from best buy also, it is one heck of a card. Games are maxed out or nearly maxed out, CUDA accelerated video encoding is insanely fast, and 3D modeling is roughly 10x faster than CPU rendering. At $330 go for it.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero || Intel i7-4790k || ASUS STRIX GTX 970 || Mushkin Blackline 4x4gb (16gb) 1600mhz || ADATA SX900 128gb SSD || 4 Random HDD's (1.5TB Total) || CM Storm Scout II || Enermax NAXN 80+ Bronze 650w || Corsair H100i || Windows 7 Home

Thanks to all who replied. I bought the gtx 770 and the graphics are amazing - even got it for a lower price. My boyfriend was very surprised and is now playing ARMA 2.

Thanks to Linus and Slick for creating this forum for people like me who really don't have a clue about computer hardware.