Faulty graphics card? Or something else?

qwe860

Hi.

Recently a problem cropped up with my system. Whenever I turned on my computer, nothing would show up on my monitor, which is connected to my GPU. It seems to be running all right, fan's spinning and all. However, there was the distinct beep at POST and when I unplugged the DVI cable and plugged it into the port on my motherboard, my computer works! It has booted into windows, though at a low resolution since I didn't install the iGPU drivers. It seems like only the integrated graphics works.

However, when I tried that "faulty" graphics card in another system, the computer managed to get a signal and boots up normally. So what exactly is wrong? Is it the motherboard or my GPU that is faulty?

I have tried a couple of things:

1. Updated and also rolled back motherboard BIOS. No joy.

2. Rolled back graphics card drivers. Didn't work either.

3. Tried a PCIe USB3 add-on card in the x16 slot which the graphics card originally was in. I had suspected a faulty slot. It(the USB3 card) worked fine but still my GPU wasn't getting any signal when I plugged it in.

4. Re-seated RAMs. Not working.

Here are my system specs:

Intel Core i5-2400 @3.1GHz

Asus P8H61M LE/USB3 motherboard

Asus ENGT 430 graphics card(or nvidia GT430)

8GB Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz RAM(running at 1333, since that's the most H61 supports)

OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD

Western Digital Blue, 500GB

Windows 7 Home Preimum 64 bit