HDPVR2 Hauppage

Hey just got my hdpvr today and I have been encountering some problems heres my setup...  550ti mini hdmi to hdmi in hdpvr hauppage 2 and hdmi out to monitor (doesn't worjk) a while ago I had my monitor replaced but still had some edid problems so hdmi didn't fully work heres is the error.. while at it does any one know how to fix corrupted edid or anything?

anyway I have a dual monior setup main monitor hdmi only works direct in not in to hdpvr, second monitor dvi-vga

setup- hdmi mini out to hdmi in hdpvr then hdmi out from hdpvr to monitor results in no signal . however monitor is detected as hd pvr 2 I tried replacing it with the original monitor driver all that did was the same thing however this time it showed up in the hdpvr although it was all pink and blinking so I reverted it back to the hdpvr 2 driver.

I was also looking at how hdpvr don't accept hdcp

hdcp.PNG

so when its plugged in with hdmi mini to hdmi in hdpvr - hdmi out pvr to in monitor it says hdcp not compatible or something... 

will a simple hdmi to dvi adapter fix my problems?

is dvi protected by hdcp?

Hey just got my hdpvr today and I have been encountering some problems heres my setup...  550ti mini hdmi to hdmi in hdpvr hauppage 2 and hdmi out to monitor (doesn't worjk) a while ago I had my monitor replaced but still had some edid problems so hdmi didn't fully work heres is the error.. while at it does any one know how to fix corrupted edid or anything?

anyway I have a dual monior setup main monitor hdmi only works direct in not in to hdpvr, second monitor dvi-vga

setup- hdmi mini out to hdmi in hdpvr then hdmi out from hdpvr to monitor results in no signal . however monitor is detected as hd pvr 2 I tried replacing it with the original monitor driver all that did was the same thing however this time it showed up in the hdpvr although it was all pink and blinking so I reverted it back to the hdpvr 2 driver.

I was also looking at how hdpvr don't accept hdcp

hdcp.PNG

so when its plugged in with hdmi mini to hdmi in hdpvr - hdmi out pvr to in monitor it says hdcp not compatible or something... 

will a simple hdmi to dvi adapter fix my problems?

is dvi protected by hdcp?

DVI can use HDCP, realistically you will either have to convert the signal to analog before capturing, or use a HDCP stripper of some sort.

One popular option is a dvi to hdmi signal converter, a popular option is one provided by Monoprice: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011405&p_id=5369&seq=1&format=2

You will see that this is the most popular item for such task if you search "dvi to hdmi hdcp stripper" on Google.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.