Audio Technica ATR2500 vs Audio Technica AT2020 vs Blue Yeti (NOT PRO)

Snapy1

So I was looking at mics today on amazon and I was asking a buddy of mine on which to go with, he said that the atr2500 is way better than the yeti for 50 dollars less, and he said the YETI is kind of like beats headphones, they charge you too much for they technology they put in them. So Audio Technica ATR2500 vs Audio Technica AT2020 vs Blue Yeti (NOT PRO), you tell me which to go with. 

PS: If your wondering why I wouldnt go with the pro is because youtube's audio quality has a limit of 48,000Hz or something like that. 

Blue Yeti if you want the features (damn awesome features). Here is my review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/97671-blue-yeti-review/

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Well I dont really care about all the yeti's features, im only going to be using the mic for youtube commentaries so all I really need is the Cardioid setting. 

I have a yeti and love it. The at2020 is on paper a better mic but has less features. Up to you my friend.

AT 2020

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Do you have money?

If yes - take me out for tacos and smoothies

if no - just get the ATR2500 and welcome to the Audio-Techica dick riders club.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

AT2020 (does need 48c phantom power though), I have a blue yeti as well and would recommend the AT2020 any day.

don't mean to hijack your thread, but Im curious as well.

For something like skype calls and gaming would it be worth it to go for the at2020 over something like a atr2500 or a snowball?

don't mean to hijack your thread, but Im curious as well.

For something like skype calls and gaming would it be worth it to go for the at2020 over something like a atr2500 or a snowball?

Just for skype calls, a blue snowflake is all you need. If the snowball is the same price then go for that. But anything above a snowflake is usually overkill for voice chat only. 

AT2020 (does need 48c phantom power though), I have a blue yeti as well and would recommend the AT2020 any day.

There is a USB version that doesn't. 

OP: The AT2020 is a very good mic, the ATR 2500 is a more value-oriented one, and the Yeti it in the middle, I'd say. However, unless you're podcasting or making youtube videos, you don't need more than like a Snowflake or something. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50