LiFi Incoming?! (WIFI 2.0 sort of)

ETRJ

Huh...it's gonna be interesting how they get rid of interference (ambient light)

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Its nothing like wifi except for the fact that it transmits data but so does bluetooth and usb cables

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

i just want everyone to know that this is the same technology that your remote control for your tv uses. Nothing really amazing here

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/lifi-incoming-12-01-2014/

Is this becomes a reality this is going to be awesome.

I heard that it could be capable of transmitting data over 10gbps.

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Light Fidelity YAAY!! This stuff is sweet. The light spectrum is way way larger than radio waves as well so this tech could do some neat stuff.

I dont know enough about the tech to make a proper assessment tbh but at the moment to me it seems like there would be too many restrictions to make it a viable alternative. How would you pass it from room to room and so on... I mean maybe if you could hook it up to your electrical grid and pump it through all your bulbs in your house but even then that would mean 24/7 lights on... :/

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I don't see it replacing wifi, but can definitely think of a lot of applications in advertising... not that that's really a good thing :lol:

i dont see it hitting the consumer market well at all, pulsing lights [i presume if slow enough] and epilepsy is not a gd combo

Just a guy with a beard