Mouse Grips - Palm, Claw, and Fingertip. What style should you use?

IDprofile

g400s and i claw them like a tiger 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Perixx MX-2000, I palm grip mine, it's big enough to do it with a few mm of room on the end, however I sometimes find I claw if I've been using the middle mouse a lot. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Palm my logitech g602

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Claw.

Btw, do you think me being left-handed affects my aiming?
Never really thought about it til now, and Im terrible at aiming :huh:

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.

Palm.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I pretty much claw everything. I use a M95 and I love how it feels with a claw grip.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Claw.

Btw, do you think me being left-handed affects my aiming?

Never really thought about it til now, and Im terrible at aiming :huh:

Do you use your left or right hand for your mouse? There are ambidextrous and left hand mice made. If you are using your right hand for your mouse and you're used to it then I don't think it will effect your accuracy. What ever feels the most natural to you. It's not as vital like trying to balance with the wrong side of your body is. My left brain is a lot stronger so when wakeboarding if I put my right foot in front then it's extremely difficult but when I broke my right wrist I had to play games with the mouse in my left hand and it was hard but I was getting the hang of it.

btw you can see the scar in the video. I broke the ulna bone and it grew back too long so I had surgery to cut and lengthen the radius bone to match. My radius is still too long but it's better now. It couldn't get fully lengthened  because my nerves and muscle couldn't be stretched any more. The ulna being too long was a problem because it would scrape against my hand. I have a plate and 8 screws in my wrist.

My mouse is a bit too small for palm. (My old one was a crappy tiny Logitech laptop mouse. Still use it for my laptop.) So I usually use fingertip/claw. (Usually sort of in between.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I honestly use all three without even knowing.  Sometimes I'll be gaming or just browsing the web, and my hand will be in a claw grip.  Other times, I'll look down and be palming the mouse.  Strange.

I do the same. If I'm being lazy I'll palm grip. If I'm "in the zone" I'm fingertip gripping and claw grip when agitated. 

Do you use your left or right hand for your mouse? There are ambidextrous and left hand mice made. If you are using your right hand for your mouse and you're used to it then I don't think it will effect your accuracy. What ever feels the most natural to you. It's not as vital like trying to balance with the wrong side of your body is. My left brain is a lot stronger so when wakeboarding if I put my right foot in front then it's extremely difficult but when I broke my right wrist I had to play games with the mouse in my left hand and it was hard but I was getting the hang of it.

btw you can see the scar in the video. I broke the ulna bone and it grew back too long so I had surgery to cut and lengthen the radius bone to match. My radius is still too long but it's better now. It couldn't get fully lengthened  because my nerves and muscle couldn't be stretched any more. The ulna being too long was a problem because it would scrape against my hand. I have a plate and 8 screws in my wrist.

I use my right hand, but I've never tried using my left hand because then I'd kinda need a new keyboard too? 

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.

Palm. MX518 ftw :D. Also you should make a poll.

MX518...unbreakable one of the best mouse designs ever!

I use palm/fingertip

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

I use my right hand, but I've never tried using my left hand because then I'd kinda need a new keyboard too? 

You don't need a new keyboard. just use PL:"

I suggest you atleast try it out. If it's feels weird and your can't easily get used to it then you should probably just stick to right hand mouse left hand kb.

I seem to switch without knowing it, but I am more fingertip and claw. IIRC, the Deathadder is meant to be claw?

PC: Ryzen 5 2600 // 16 GB Corsair 3200 // MSI RX 580 8 GB // 500 GB WD Blue M.2 (sata) // Silverstone Raven RVZ03B // Fedora 33

LAPTOP: i7 5700HQ // 16 GB Kingston 1866 // GTX 970M // 250 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 // 1 TB HDD // Windows 10

ETC: (2) Dell U2515H (2560x1440) // Corsair K63 // Logitech G603 // FiiO E10 // Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (250 ohm) // Audio Technica ATH-M60x

I use a combination of fingertip and palm. I have large hands and I just developed the way I hold the mouse because most have been too small for me. Now I can afford better mice I still use what I'm use to, it works so why change it.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I generally use a CM Storm Xornet (sometimes switch to a G400 or Abyssus just for some variation) and for normal use and RTS games I use a fingertip grip, but a combination of claw & palm for FPS games.

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

A hybrid of all three sometimes.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I mostly use a claw grip because it's easier for me to just move my finger over 1cm and use the scroll wheel. When I feel like using a scroll bar, I use a palm grip to make it more comfortable.

I use a fingertip grip. I wonder how much of your grip is determined by the shape of the mouse? With fairly large hands their is no way I could palm the Dynex mouse I have on hand, but maybe if I bought a func ms3 my grip would alter (not that I dislike fingertip, just a theory)

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

I usually switch between claw and fingertip. it really depends on the game im playing.

I've always used fingertip grip, everything else just feels clumsy to me.

I have a severe case of claw grip. fingertip grip.

The palm of my hand usually doesn't even come in contact with my mouse.

I honestly use all three without even knowing.  Sometimes I'll be gaming or just browsing the web, and my hand will be in a claw grip.  Other times, I'll look down and be palming the mouse.  Strange.

Same here. With the DA2013 in particular I do this. But on the G400s I mainly claw and on Microsoft mice I palm. I am just do whatever feels good.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"