Golden Beast Full setup tour (WIP)

xToFxREAPER

This thread will be undergoing a large overhaul quite soon so please stay tuned, all pics will be removed and update and a lot of things will be totally re written. Second gpu is in shipping and is expected to be here either today april the 8th or tomorrow wednesday the 9th with a very slight possibility of thursday the 10th but thats unlikely. regardless of when it shows up i will not be able to do any updates or benching until later thursday night or early friday as i will be working and whatnot until that time. Thanks to everyone who has fallowed the build and help support me during the the death of the 770s that were originally going into the build. Everything is on track and going well now.

Hey everyone so i know i have a build log for the tower but i wanted to do a full setup tour because well.. i get a lot of questions about how i afford this working a minimum wage job and if i live in a cardboard box :P so here it is.. the full setup tour :) enjoyy

The tower specs so far and what to come

I7 4770k @ 4.8ghz cooled by a swiftech h320 (review) in push pull with a mix of fans noctua nf-f12's strapped on to that sommmbichhh

16gb Patriot Viper 3 Black mamba edition @ 1600mhz latency's of 9-9-9-24 

Gigabyte z87x-ud5h Motherboard

2x Geforce GTX 780 Lightning edition sli (incomplete review is here just need to update with numbers)

Soundblaster zx to power the 5.1 surround system as well as to run my occasional console gaming through my surround :P have yet to kill the led on it though i hate that red led in there then gonna recolor the shroud

Samsung Evo 120gb ssd boot drive

2tb Seagate barracuda mass storage drive

Corsair rm850 watt psu

Corsair Air 540 cube case ;)

ok so thats the tower, and here are the pics of said tower :)

post-6391-0-04895500-1389311964_thumb.jp

post-6391-0-75137500-1389311968_thumb.jp

post-6391-0-14114800-1389311971_thumb.jp

post-6391-0-98868000-1389311972_thumb.jp

post-6391-0-78297600-1389311974_thumb.jp

post-6391-0-32385500-1389311967_thumb.jp

It definitly has a good home :P no cardboard boxes here haha. Just awaiting a few things in shipping as stated above, second gpu, more fans,custom sleeved cables to help clean that up and a blu ray drive cause i watch a lot of movies on my system since it is in my room. later on ill have the whole system watercooled but thats a few months away probably having trouble finding the waterblock i need, found the exact card i have pre installed with the evga hydrocopper block just trying to find one separate is a pain :(

Now for the rest of the setup, its nothing to special really in my opinion but whatever lol

Asus 27 inch 1080p monitor (gotta find model number cant remember off hand)

43 inch samsung plasma for said movies :)

Logitech G710+ mech keyboard with browns

Logitech g13 (rarely use it anymore just love the lcd for all my temps and stuff, keeps my gaming cleaner ;))

Razer naga

Edifier S550 surround system (was actually a birthday present)

so thats the basic run down of my setup now for a few pics 

Ok so there are two different monitors there, reason for this is the the two outside monitors were purchased much much later then the center asus monitor, they all have a 2ms gtg and are all ips panel so they all look near identicle once the color settings are done just right. even the bezels are millimeters within each other so i couldnt really complain since they were also on sale for $100 off each saving me $200. as for the tv in behind, i have a wall mount on order and it will go directly above where it sits now, keeping it for my movies and netflix and stuff of that sort

post-6391-0-79916100-1392930561_thumb.jp

post-6391-0-12377300-1392930572_thumb.jp

post-6391-0-55279100-1392930580_thumb.jp

The tv is a little sketch right now but its sitting there solid after a worst case scenario test and is only staying there over night, its getting wall mounted soon, the wall mount is in but with my pops outta country i cant really wall mount a 43 inch plasma myself :P

post-6391-0-26908000-1389312376_thumb.jp

post-6391-0-71232000-1389312374_thumb.jp

So theres the edifier control pod, the control pod for my soundcard which makes headset usage wayy nicer xD and my watch, keep it there when im gaming cause i dont wanna scratch it.

Couple other little random things there, Logitech g13 gameboard, dont use it all that much anymore unless im playing anno 2070 mostly used to keep msi afterburner info handy. Other then that its just change and packing slips and whatnot

thats some nice pc setup, but there already is a thread especially for this, but i guess this is a bit bigger

nice setup and overclock on that grumpy hot haswell. how hot does it run at what voltage?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Them Noctuas... :wub:

Also, is that a EVGA GTX 770 Classified?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Them Noctuas... :wub:

Also, is that a EVGA GTX 770 Classified?

yeah its the 4gb classified ;) have a second with the hydrocopper block pre installed in shipping and trying to track down another hydro copper block seperate, evga's site is out right now so its turning into a bit of a headache but ill get there :P

thats some nice pc setup, but there already is a thread especially for this, but i guess this is a bit bigger

nice setup and overclock on that grumpy hot haswell. how hot does it run at what voltage?

it peaked at around 86 degrees on the hottest core, averages around 76 on all cores

Edit: forgot to add the voltage haha currently sitting at 1.5ish on the vcore and a ring voltage of about 1.2 if i recall correctly

I see those Noctuas... *throws up in mouth*

there really is to much hate for these things... they are a fantastic fan and if not for them i probably wouldnt have the overclock i do on this haswell chip

H320 review is linked in the system specs for those that wanna check it out

there really is to much hate for these things... they are a fantastic fan and if not for them i probably wouldnt have the overclock i do on this haswell chip

I know Noctua's are amazing. They just look ugly.

I know Noctua's are amazing. They just look ugly.

i agree on that aspect for sure, atleast with a black and gold mobo they dont clash as bad as say a black and blue or black and red motherboard lol

Nice setup. Is you r tower sitting on a subwoofer?? If so I would strongly suggest you move it off there. I learnt that lesson the hard way.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Nice setup. Is you r tower sitting on a subwoofer?? If so I would strongly suggest you move it off there. I learnt that lesson the hard way.

its only gonna be there for a few days, im waiting for my desk extension, sadly its either that or the floor and theres no way im leaving it on the floor lol

I'd suggest you just run it with the NF-P12s for the moment to see how that performs, sometimes using mismatched fans in push-pull can actually create turbulence and decrease air flow. 

Either way, the H320 radiator is a thin one and won't benefit too much from push-pull.

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

I'd suggest you just run it with the NF-P12s for the moment to see how that performs, sometimes using mismatched fans in push-pull can actually create turbulence and decrease air flow. 

Either way, the H320 radiator is a thin one and won't benefit too much from push-pull.

i did, dropped about 5 degrees extra when i tossed the helix fans on

i did, dropped about 5 degrees extra when i tossed the helix fans on

Awesome, great build btw, I really like how you can fit a 360mm radiator into a Air 540, probably one of the smallest chassis that supports a 360mm without modifications. 

Looks really good, but have you thought of possibly sleeving the cables a gold colour to have a few more gold accents? 

Also, I think there's a red LED on your sound card (I think it's a sound card - sorry if I'm wrong), but that seems to clash a little with the gold. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Awesome, great build btw, I really like how you can fit a 360mm radiator into a Air 540, probably one of the smallest chassis that supports a 360mm without modifications. 

Looks really good, but have you thought of possibly sleeving the cables a gold colour to have a few more gold accents? 

Also, I think there's a red LED on your sound card (I think it's a sound card - sorry if I'm wrong), but that seems to clash a little with the gold. 

i did mention both of those points in there actually, i will be doing a mod on the soundcard to kill the led soon and then recolor the shroud because its red to and im awaiting sleeved cables in the mail right now

i did mention both of those points in there actually, i will be doing a mod on the soundcard to kill the led soon and then recolor the shroud because its red to and im awaiting sleeved cables in the mail right now

Sorry about that, I admit I skim over specs and stuff, but sounds great, looking forward to more updates to see how it all looks after the soundcard mod and sleeved cables, so easy to have all the cables at the back with the space you have on the Air 540. 

Sorry about that, I admit I skim over specs and stuff, but sounds great, looking forward to more updates to see how it all looks after the soundcard mod and sleeved cables, so easy to have all the cables at the back with the space you have on the Air 540. 

yeah this is the nicest case i have ever worked with i love it. ill also be getting a second card with an evga hydrocopper block pre installed and hunting down another so i can watercool the whole system at which point ill add more rads and stuff

• 1 month later...

Thought i would toss out an update to my temps and voltages on the grumpy haswell. got it down to 1.395v on the core with some extensive bios settings, peaks at 78's with aida 64 extreme after about 8 hours

when you have the monitors tell me more about them, im interested, ive been eyeing them for 3 mo, i would like them to be more popular on the forums :D